We Indians love our food and when it comes to cooking, nothing is better for us than a home cooked Indian meal – from idlis to samosas to fish curries to biryanis to dhoklas….the list is endless…
That puts significant focus on finding the right ingredients to indulge in our culinary skills.
Fortunately, in Stockholm, we have a fairly good range of grocery stores (maybe not like Bay Area of USA, but much more than any city in Scandinavia) to fulfil our needs.
We have tried to put together a list of good grocery stores in Stockholm along with the key items that are available there:
- Kista Grossen– Wide range of Rice/Flour; most Spices; Maggi; Pickles; good frozen Paneer; frozen Snacks – samosas, parathas; decent quality Lamb; good range of Vegetables/Fruits (mangoes during summer)
Address/Phone : Torsnäsgatan 4, 164 40 Kista, Sweden, +46 8 751 01 00
- Tajmahal– Good range of Flour; Haldiram Snacks; Lentils; Pickles; specific Vegetables like Okra and Bitter Gourd (best quality), also Green Chillies
Address/Phone : Kammakargatan 40, 111 60 Stockholm, Sweden, +46 8 21 22 81
- Indian Food Center– Good stock of Indian Frozen Fish; most Spices
Address/Phone : Kungsholmsgatan 15, 112 27, Stockholm, Sweden, +46 8 653 21 22, +46 739542443
- Bhai Bhai Livs– smaller version of Indian Food Center
Address/Phone : Visbyringen 4, 163 73 Spånga, Sweden, +46 8 760 51 08
- Himalaya Livs– Decent stock of Lentils and Spices
Address/Phone : Valhallavägen 75, 114 28 Stockholm, Sweden, +46 8 673 13 52
- Kazi Indian Livs– Good stock of Frozen Fish, Fresh vegetables once every 1 or 2 weeks
Address/Phone : Gubbängsvägen 108, 122 45 Enskede, Sweden, +46 8 93665
Note: Please be careful to check the expiry date of packaged products before buying them.
The above should serve as a good starting point. We shall look to add to the list going forward. Do leave your comments on improving/adding to this list.
Happy Shopping & Cooking!